Who We Are
Habitat For Humanity – DeKalb, Inc. (also known as DeKalb Habitat or HFHD) is an official county affiliate of the Habitat For Humanity International (HFHI) organization headquartered in Americus, GA. We collaborate with other affiliates including college and high school chapters in DeKalb County as well as other state, national, and international affiliates.
Habitat for Humanity – DeKalb seeks to put God’s love into action, by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope.
We envision a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We seek to eliminate substandard housing and living conditions by partnering with God and people from all walks of life. Through this partnership, we can create a better environment for lower-income families as we strive to provide an opportunity to live in a decent and safe house in a community where they can live, work, and grow.
- Demonstrate love of Jesus Christ.
- Focus on shelter.
- Advocate for affordable housing.
- Promote dignity and hope.
- Support sustainable and transformational development.
- Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit service organization founded on Christian principles.
- HFHI’s goal is to eliminate substandard housing from the face of the earth by building simple, decent, affordable housing.
- Established in 1976 with corporate headquarters located in Americus, Georgia.
- HFHI has built over 400,000 homes worldwide.
- DeKalb Habitat (DeKalb County, GA affiliate of HFHI) was incorporated in 1988 at the urging and with support of then DeKalb County CEO Manuel Maloof.
- DeKalb Habitat now has built or renovated 65 homes, serving about 450 people including about 200 children.
- DeKalb Habitat is funded through sponsorships and donations from churches, corporations, and individuals; and funds are used as designated by donors.
- DeKalb Habitat tithes a house for a house to build homes in developing countries.
- DeKalb Habitat now operates with an Executive Director and small staff supported by a volunteer Board of Directors and many volunteers.
For legal and tax purposes, Habitat for Humanity – DeKalb, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Not for Profit Corporation registered with the State of Georgia as a charitable organization. Our Federal Tax ID is 58-1792761 Contact us if you have any questions or need any additional information for tax purposes.