We envision a world where everyone has a decent place to live. We seek to eliminate substandard housing and living conditions by partnering with God and people from all walks of life. Through this partnership, we can create a better environment for lower-income families as we strive to provide an opportunity to live in a decent and safe house in a community where they can live, work, and grow.
Habitat for Humanity – DeKalb seeks to put God’s love into action, by bringing people together to build homes, communities and hope.
- Demonstrate love of Jesus Christ
- Focus on shelter
- Advocate for affordable housing
- Promote dignity and hope
- Support sustainable and transformational development
Habitat for Humanity International is a nonprofit service organization founded on Christian principles.
- HFHI’s goal is to eliminate substandard housing from the face of the earth by building simple, decent, affordable housing.
- Established in 1976 with corporate headquarters located in Americus, Georgia.
- HFHI has built over 400,000 homes worldwide.
- DeKalb Habitat (DeKalb County, GA affiliate of HFHI) was incorporated in 1988 at the urging and with support of then DeKalb County CEO Manuel Maloof.
- DeKalb Habitat now has built or renovated 65 homes, serving about 450 people including about 200 children.
- DeKalb Habitat is funded through sponsorships and donations from churches, corporations, and individuals; and funds are used as designated by donors.
- DeKalb Habitat tithes a house for a house to build homes in developing countries.
- DeKalb Habitat now operates with an Executive Director and small staff supported by a volunteer Board of Directors and many volunteers.
For legal and tax purposes, Habitat for Humanity – DeKalb, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Not for Profit Corporation registered with the State of Georgia as a charitable organization. Our Federal Tax ID is 58-1792761 Contact us if you have any questions or need any additional information for tax purposes.