Theology of the Hammer
Habitat for Humanity International Founder, Millard Fuller, once said, “Everyone can use the hammer as an instrument to manifest God’s love. We may disagree on all sorts of other things … but we can agree on the idea of building homes with God’s people in need, and in doing so using biblical economics: no profit and no interest.”
Faith communities have been the backbone of Habitat for Humanity-DeKalb since 1988.
Get Your Congregation Involved
- For those living in substandard housing locally and around the world.
- For Habitat homeowner families, volunteers and partners working together to provide safe, decent, affordable homes.
- For law reforms to improve the lives of the poor in our society.
Support & Sponsor
- Invite a Habitat employee to speak at a service or group/committee meeting.
- Encourage small groups and/or the entire church to sponsor a home, build day, repair project, or bring lunch to a build group!
- Collect a general offering designated for Habitat for Humanity- DeKalb or raise money on our behalf through a special event (bake sale, yard sale, etc…).
Sponsor w/Group of Organizations
- Take part in an Interfaith Build. This is an opportunity for three or more diverse organizations (churches, temples, mosques) to come together to sponsor a full home renovation or new build. Constructing a Habitat home is a clear expression of faith for people of varied beliefs.
- Take part in an Apostle Build. This is an opportunity for up to twelve churches to come together for fellowship, building, and sponsoring a full home renovation or new build.
Be an Advocate & Spread the Word
- Tell your friends, colleagues, small group leader, and family.
- Post a link to our website on your own site or newsletter.
- Connect with us online with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter!
Email Daniella Singleton, Resource Development Coordinator for more information.