A few weeks ago we let you know about the process to select a family that purchases a Habitat for Humanity home.
Selecting a family is just one part of the Groundbreaking Phase of our new home build. We’ve almost finalized the family selection, and we can’t wait to introduce you to them.
- We have our main permit to build from DeKalb County.
- Utility permits are on the way, and then we can actually break ground!
- Next we clear and grade the land, lay concrete, and get utility systems installed.
All that said – this is a great time to be part of our November Georgia Gives campaign that will fuel this Groundbreaking Phase!
What’s Georgia Gives? It’s a state-wide fundraising effort for non-profits that leads up to National Giving Tuesday on November 29. You can think of it as making and celebrating a Giving Tuesday contribution early.
You can also keep an eye out for fun ways to support Habitat DeKalb during this month.
Starting this week you can sponsor 1 of 16 window panels (for $75) or sponsor 1 of 300 studs that will frame the house (for $100).
And you can personalize a sponsored stud with your own wishes for the homeowner family!
We like to get creative… so stay tuned.
For now, consider one of the following ways to participate in Georgia Gives:
- Make a donation or sponsorship – click here then click ‘donate’.
- Create your own fundraising campaign from our GA Gives donation page and share to friends and family – click here then click ‘fundraise’ to get started!
- Forward this email to 2 people you know, and say something like “Hey! Please help our local Habitat for Humanity affiliate build this house!”
Let’s gooooo! We appreciate your support and are glad that you’re on this journey with us.